Monday, February 25, 2013

1 month!

I can't believe my baby is a month old today! A month ago today my life changed forever and in that month I have learned to love more than I ever thought possible and not only do I love Owen more than I ever thought I could but I love Alex more then ever! He is such a good dad and loves to take care of Owen and play with him. He is always texting and calling me during the day to make sure he is ok and asking how he is doing! During this month I have realized how blessed I am. During this month Owen has gone through so much and we have been through a lot of stress, but during those experiences we have realized how lucky we are to have a healthy baby and we are so lucky that he was only in the NICU for such a short amount of time. There are so many babies that are in there for months and months and we consider ourselves very lucky. I truly think it was a blessing in disguise. We learned so much from the nurses and it gave us the chance to ask questions and learn things that we would have other wise had to learn the hard way. They taught us the best way to feed and burp him. They taught us how to wrap him in what we call the baby burrito. They taught us tricks to get him comfortable and things to try when he is fussy, since he is not breastfed they taught us things to look for that the formula might be causing such as constipation, and gas. Thank goodness for that because we have had to deal with both and we would have had no idea why he was so upset or why he was throwing up so much. I am so grateful for those nurses and everything they did for us and our little boy. 
When Alex and I decided that I would stay home with Owen instead of going back to work, I thought it was going to be a breeze and thought to myself  "Oh good I will now have time to always have the laundry done, have dinner on the table when Alex gets home and my house will always be clean." That is not the case. Maybe it is just me but I didn't realize how hard it is to get all of those things done with a baby. I thought my house would be cleaner than ever but that is far from true. I spend most of my day cleaning up what we call "the baby bomb". Maybe it is my inability to be organized but I am constantly throwing diapers away, picking up bottles, putting away binkies, gripe water, gas drops, blankets and burp rags. My laundry has never been more of an issue. It might be due to the fact that I hate folding/putting away laundry and that Owen goes through at least two or more outfits a day. I sometimes get down on myself about my inability to get everything done every day and I compare myself to other moms that I think are perfect. Alex gets so mad at me when I do this... So if your life also sounds like this please tell me!!!! My life is messier than ever, but also more perfect than ever!    
 

OWEN AT ONE MONTH!

Weight: 10 lbs 3 oz
Height: 22 1/2 inches
Eating: 4 oz every 3-4 hours
Sleeping: Goes to bed about 10 and wakes up at 4 and then again around 7:30. He won't sleep in his bassinet he has to sleep in his car seat.
Naps: Takes a 4 hour nap in the afternoon and then little cat naps through out the day.
Likes: Formula, Tylenol and gripe water, talking to mom and dad, making faces and playing with his tongue and loves to talk and smile at pictures. He loves his dad and can't wait for him to come home from work every day! 


Sick boy!




Getting better!


He is such a proud dad!


Loves to nap in his boppy!


Fresh from the bath!


One month old!


Then and now!


Love his forehead!

I am so lucky to be this little boys mom. I consider everyday a blessing. This month has gone by so fast and we have learned to much and we are so grateful for everyone who has given us love and support. I can't wait for what is to come and I am so excited to share our little man via this blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment