Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect!

As many of you other bloggers out there do, I write my blog as somewhat of a journal more for myself then anyone else. Especially in the last couple months there have been so many moments I never want to forget. Hence the reason I began writing again. So some of my posts might be long and time consuming to read but like I said this is my life and my moments and I want to remember them in detail. So if you read the whole post thank you but if not I do not blame you. Also I usually write about my son and my adventures as a mom but today is not about that, today's post is about a subject that has come to the forefront of my mind this week.

Perfectly Imperfect

For those of you that know me well, you know that I do not like fake people and I myself am not fake. I do not believe in sugar coating things. That is not real life and I believe in living and loving real life in all it beauty and ugliness. That ugliness tends to make us better people. That being said I want to clarify myself. There is a difference in not being fake and being rude. I do not believe in going around being rude to people. There is a difference but that is a different post entirely.
I had an experience this week that has made me consider my own life and the way I feel about it. This experience had to do with people that try and make their lives seem perfect and are uncomfortable or even awkward when it comes to talking about things that happen in real life. When you cannot talk about loss, sadness, stress or grief without feeling uncomfortable and awkward I find that strange, shallow and yes fake. This is not to say that you should go around expressing your deepest grief and stress with the common stranger and expecting them to care but one should be allowed to discuss their real life situations with their social circle. It makes me sad that people find shame is this. Everyone has an imperfect life and being able to share and have compassion for one another's struggles is where true love and friendship begin. You really learn to love and understand someone when you move passed the shallow conversation and into their real life and that is why I am going to share with you somethings that make me perfectly imperfect.
1. I do not breast feed my son.
2. My house has at least one room that is always messy.
3. I almost never have dinner ready when Alex gets home.
4. I have anxiety issues. ( I get anxiety over everything on this list.)
5. Sometimes when my son screams I have to get him comfortable and walk away.
6. There are days I don't get out of my pajamas.
7. Sometimes I'm too tired to brush my teeth.
8. I've been fired.
9. I don't have perfect grades.
10. I really like fast food.
There is a reason I have shared these things with you. It it my hope that there is something on my list that is on your list as well, and this will bring us a little closer and maybe we will be little bit more comfortable sharing our real lives. Nothing on this list makes me a bad person, wife or mother. It makes me human just like everyone else. I challenge anyone reading this to be a little more comfortable in their own skin and share something with me that makes you or your life perfectly imperfect.
We are happy being perfectly imperfect!

* This post is not meant to be negative and is not directed to anyone in particular. Just written as food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. And I loved it. My imperfections: 31, LDS and not married. Hahaha. I am a whopping nine inches than the average woman. I have dated someone slightly shorter than myself. And I threaten to kick people probably at least once every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy I think you are so great! Thank you for commenting! :-)

      Delete