Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Counting my blessings and naming them one by one...

Usually I am one who plans my blog posts out for days and I think about the topic a little before I write about it, but today is different. I had an overwhelming feeling of joy on multiple occasions today as I realized how truly blessed I am. Sometimes I feel like I am bragging when I talk about how blessed my life is but today bragging or not I am going to share because I think that is what Heavenly Father would like me to do. So here I am counting my blessing and naming them one by one...
I woke this morning to a ragging head ache and to a crying baby. Two things that do no mix and make for a cranky mom but here is where blessing #1 comes in he goes by Alex and he is the most amazing husband anyone could ask for. Even though it was my turn to get up with Owen my sweet husband got up with the little man so that I could sleep even though he had to work early. As the day progressed my head ache did not go away and little boy would not nap but wanted to desperately. So I strapped him in his car seat and to the car we went me in a huff being tired and ornery. As I drove blessings #2 and #3 came into play. Small as this may be today I felt blessed for the ability I have to go to McDonalds and buy a coke for my ragging head and blessing 3 the beautiful car that I have that allows me to go to McDonalds. Stupid I know but today I am so grateful for both. As I came home I began to stress about the fact that my house is a mess and I have no energy to clean or make dinner. But as this thought came into my head I realized how blessed I am to have a home and that today it's ok if it's a little messy. So blessing #4 Blessed to have a home clean or dirty. I walked upstairs and got on my computer while talking to a friend blessing #5 flooded over me with more emotion then I expected. His name is Owen and he is my most priced possession. It brought me to tears thinking about how blessed I am to be his mom, as I looked at my sweet boy finally sound asleep I felt more love for this little boy then I ever have before. I don't know why it hit me so strong today but I am so blessed to have him in my life. As I thought about my love for him blessing #6 and probably my most favorite blessing of the day came to my mind. I thought about how blessed I am to be able to spend every minute of everyday with him. So many moms have to leave their children at some point during the day for work and I am lucky enough to not miss one minute of my little squishes day and that is the best blessing any mom could ask for. A day that started as a struggle because of a sleepy, grumpy mom turned into a day that the Lord decided to help me turn around by pointing out my greatest blessings. I am so grateful for the reality check. So here is a recap of the top six things I am grateful for today!



 

#1 Alex Bilodeau


#2 Diet Coke


#3 My Car


#4 My house


#5 My son Owen


#6 Staying home with my son   




No comments:

Post a Comment